Guide To Remove Shortcut Virus From Computers and USB drives
Hi There. Welcome to Loot Bytes. Today, I’m going to tell you guys how you can remove shortcut virus from your computer and pen drive. But first, lets get to know what is this “Shortcut Virus”. In this generation of technology, viruses have become something to be worried about. Virus takes disk space,can delete files, self – replicate themself and harms your device. A common problem, USB shortcut problem, is automatically caused to pen drive due to some fault reasons. In this, after inserting pen drive, a shortcut appears in place of the files of the pen drive and to access the original files, you will have to further click the shortcut. Whenever we attach a pen drive to a infected computer and copy files, the pen drive also gets infected and the copied files in pen drive are shown as Shortcut. If you open these shortcut files, you might get error or the computer might hang or the file might open.
USBFix is a great software. USBFix is a free malware removal tool that helps to detect and remove infected USB drives.It helps to fix shortcut and other virus related problems in USB drives. You will never again need to worry about virus problems in pendrive if you have USB Fix.
Features of USBFix:-
- Deleting infections – We can’t do without removable media in everyday life, though they are the main targets for malwares, which can seriously dammage them
To avoid this danger, there are softwares like UsbFix
They aim at deleting all infections spreading through removable media
- Repairing – By completely deleting all traces of infections, the program rebuilds the security functions the malware has damaged, such as access to the registry, or task manager or display of hidden files, and many other things
- Backing up – Even if the program suppresses all traces of infections in removable disks, it will back up the user’s files and folders. For example the registry is backed up in C:UsbFixBackup before cleaning; and even deleted files are backed up in the quarantine of UsbFix with the extension .vir C:UsbFixQuarantine
Preventing a future re-infection : UsbFix does not only clean infections, it also prevents future risks : It creates autorun.inf files on drives (removable or not), to protect them from other infections in the future.
Steps to Use USBFix:-
- Download and install USB Fix – Click Here. If your antivirus shows that this app is virus, then deactivate your antivirus for a few minutes.
- Close every running programs from the taskbar. When this software runs, it auto closes every program.
- Connect the infected USB drives to the computer.
- Choose clean.
- It will now start working. It will automatically cleans the shortcut virus from all the attached USB drives. Don’t worry you will not loose the files in the pendrive.
- Restart your computer after using this software. This app makes changes in windows directory and your computer will not work properly until you restart it.
Thats all for now. Keep visiting Loot Bytes 🙂